Who Are We?
Sunset Covenant Church is a neighborhood church that loves God and loves people.
Were you looking for a larger theological statement? Sorry to disappoint you.
This page doesn't have a ton of dense theological language that can pin down exactly what we believe with surgical precision, because people are messy and complicated. We are people who identify with many of the traditions and values of the evangelical church, but are also dissatisfied with the ways in which evangelical culture is often expressed. We are younger and older, liberal and conservative, mostly white, but are learning what it means to value all of God's people (black or African-American, Latinx / Hispanic, Asian, biracial, etc.) into the fold.
As part of the Evangelical Covenant Church (ECC)
we abide by the following:
- We affirm the centrality of the word of God.
- We affirm the necessity of the new birth.
- We affirm a commitment to the whole mission of the church.
- We affirm the church as a fellowship of believers.
- We affirm a conscious dependence on the Holy Spirit.
- We affirm the reality of freedom in Christ.